|EMAIL US ABOUT THIS COURSE||BOOK NOW|
This training is aimed at all adults who support learners with speech and language difficulties in a mainstream setting: class teachers, support assistants, and SENCOs.
- To develop increased awareness of language difficulties
- To be able to recognise learners who may have SLI (Specific Language Impairment)
- To know what a speech and language friendly classroom looks like
- To recognise learners with language difficulties who would benefit from Teacher or Teaching Assistant led intervention
- To know how to plan differentiated activities for learners with SLI.
There are 3 half-day sessions, when booking please le us know which sessions you are interested in:
- Session 1 – October 5th 2017 1.15pm – 3.30pm
Recognising learners with language difficulties, and how to create a language-friendly classroom. Setting up language-friendly groups
- Session 2 November 8th 2017 1.15 pm – 3.30 pm
- Session 3 December 7th 2017 1.15 pm – 3.30 pm
Simplifying maths concepts and word problems for learners with language difficulties.